Handout: Religious literacy in the context of spirituality
The Christian Muslim Forum is pleased to invite key organisations within the RE community to participate in this forthcoming subsidised conference which will focus on how the dimension of spirituality might best be located within work to develop religious literacy in children and young people today.
09.30 Registration and refreshments
10.00 Welcome from Shaykh Ibrahim Mogra (Co-Chair, Christian Muslim Forum) and outcomes for the day
10.15 Kate Christopher, keynote address
10.45 Buzz groups based upon her presentation
11.00 Workshops session 1, with coffee taken to the rooms
12.30 Lunch and prayers
13.30 Workshops session 2
Workshop choices (both sessions):
- Debbie Danon (Three Faiths Forum) – The power of words - delving deeper into Jewish texts
- Members of the ‘dare2engage’ team – The power of story - a journey through the Book of Job.
- Shaykh Ibrahim Mogra (The Sacred Spaces project) Creativity and Spirituality
- Charles & Patricia Posnett (World Community of Christian Meditation) Christian Meditation with Children
- Westminster Abbey Education Department – Pilgrimage
14.45 Participants allocated to 4 groups to discuss key issues arising
15.05 Bruce Gill takes feedback from the groups
15.15 Julia Ipgrave, Summary
- What are they key issues?
- How can we influence government policy?
- What are our next steps?
- How can we track progress?
15.45 Final remarks form Bishop Richard Cheetham (President, Christian Muslim Forum)
16.00 Close, Asr Prayers, followed by a voluntary guided tour of the Abbey
As places are limited, priority and a discounted rate of £40 per person will be given to members of AREIAC, NATRE, AULRE/EFTRE and NASACRE who are able to book their place by 21 January 2013.