From Cathedral to Mosque ...
- Created on Monday, 14 September 2015
Christian Muslim Forum Pilgrimage 2015
Saturday 19 September 2015 9am to 6pm
His Grace Bishop Angaelos, General Bishop of the Coptic Orthodox Church in the United Kingdom, will send us off in the morning and we will be welcomed at the finish by Dr Husna Ahmad of Palmers Green Mosque. We will be meeting well-wishers along the way and stopping at places of significance.
The Pilgrimage will be led by Qaisra Khan, a wellbeing, interfaith and engagement facilitator, and Julian Bond, former Director of the Forum. We will learn about the traditions of pilgrimages in Islam and Christianity along the way.
As well as demonstrating good Christian-Muslim relations, pilgrims will be raising funds for the Forum through sponsorship.
How do I join in?
- Get sponsored! Invite your friends, colleagues and networks to sponsor you. Add your name to the sponsor page and send the link to your contacts so that they can sponsor you.
- Sponsor the pilgrims! Go to the sponsor page to add your support.
- Offer water and refreshments along the pilgrimage route. Contact Julian Bond for places and times on 07813018450.
- Wave the pilgrims off at the start or welcome them at the end of the walk. Contact Julian Bond for places and times.
- Social media pilgrims. Follow the hashtag #PilgrimsTogether and share across your networks.
Sign up now!
START: St George’s Cathedral, Shephalbury Manor, Broadhall Way, Stevenage, Herts, England, United Kingdom SG2 8NP
FINISH: Palmers Green Mosque, 30 Oakthorpe Road, Palmers Green, London N13 5JL
Follow us on Twitter: